Autumn is a great time to take advantage of the warm climate and enjoy the great outdoors, but as it begins with the transition season from summer to winter, there are days when it rains or gets colder than comfortable. The dog and cat play and exercise ideas above help reduce the nerve energy of your pet and provide exercise when it is difficult to get out.
Enjoy the great outdoors this fall. However, if the weather is not correct, pets can enjoy many indoor activities. Cats love to climb, and they provide a scratching/climbing post and a way to get up high for an aerial view of the surroundings. But be careful while climbing, your feline might fall down. Veterinary costs associated with the care of an injured or ill pet are covered by dog insurance Nz. Sometimes, the best pet insurance covers the death or loss of the insured pet. Whether you custom make a tree or buy one, your cat is bound to enjoy it either way. Plus, it’s only for cats, so they feel like they own something of their own.
Here are a few things you can do with your furry!
- As with a cat tree, cat shelves allow a cat to gain a great vantage point to see all the action. They can be installed near windows, in bedrooms, or wherever your cat enjoys spending time.
- As you can see from the cartoons, cats love to see birds. Bird feeders can be placed outside the window or hung outside the window to allow kittens to enjoy hours of instant entertainment. This provides excellent stimulation and joy to cats. You can also attach a cat hammock to the window so that the cat can see everything.
- From food puzzles purchased at stores to homemade food mazes, cats enjoy the thrill of finding treats. You can also use the cardboard box to hide the goods in it. Unfortunately, your cat will find that you have to step inside the box to find a treat. This is a mutually beneficial situation, as cats enjoy empty boxes. Cats love to stay engaged, but they can quickly get bored.
- There is no better way to keep your cat friends excited and busy than sometimes introducing some new toys. From hanging tip fishing rods and balls with bells to laser pointers and interactive battery-powered toys, cats find new toys too intriguing to resist.
- Enjoy watching a cat trying to catch a laser pointer that can’t be “caught”. Let the cat see something, so you don’t get disappointed.
Cats are curious and very smart. It makes them great learners. Like dogs, cats can be trained to sit, stay, fetch, and give high fives. You can learn to roll, jump over chief obstacles and, of course, climb to great heights. Walking on a leash is no longer just for dogs.
Cats can be trained on a leash or even take a short walk outdoors with the proper harness. Imagine you were the first to carry a cat on a leash in your neighbourhood. It’s a talk of the town, and it’s a considerable achievement. Best pet insurance policy means you’ll never have to pick between your pet and your cash. And your furry baby will always be protected by the best pet insurance!