QuickBooks accounting software helps company owners and professional accountants streamline their businesses smoothly. It involves thousands of tools and the latest features to manage bookkeeping and accounting work. However, this amazing software is getting crashed and facing several errors lately which trouble users as they can’t complete their tasks on time.
According to many users, sometimes the Quickbooks won’t open or stops responding while working on this financial software. This not only hampers work productivity but also costs them time and money. So, we decided to educate you on why you face Quickbooks won’t open issue, how it occurs, and the best ways to tackle this nagging problem. Let’s start.
Reasons Why your Quickbooks Won’t Open or has Stopped Responding
The following points will help you understand why this issue is troubling you.
- The name of your company file is exceeding the directed limit. Consider shortening it.
- Damaged/missing/broken QBWUSER.INI file.
- The corrupted hard drive also leads to the issue of “Quickbooks won’t open”.
- Damaged program files.
- Incorrect QuickBooks installation.
- Damaged Windows OS.
- Issues in some QB programs.
- Installation error.
- Damaged program files in the system.
- The window defender system or anti-virus is not recognizing QB as a secured software and is restricting the communication.
Resolving The Error- Quickbooks not Responding While Opening the Company File
After exploring the error in detail and why it happens, now let’s move to the fixation part. Read thoroughly the fixation steps one by one.
Fixation Method 1: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Here, you first have to open the Intuit website. Then start downloading QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Now install it.
- If you ever face this issue then save the file on your computer’s desktop.
- Now, exit any running programs and run the QB install tool. This efficient tool will automatically scan and self-fix the error within 20 minutes.
- Once the above step finishes, just restart the PC and check that all segments are updated.
Fixation Method 2: Using QuickBooks Refresher Tool
You can also tackle the issue of Quickbooks won’t open using the QB refresher tool. This advanced tool is developed to fix common QB errors instantly. The instructions involved to utilize this tool are:
- Exit from QuickBooks software.
- Now open the Intuit site and start downloading the “QuickBooks Refresher Tool”.
- Save it on the system.
- Once done, tap on “Run” to execute the tool.
- Now, this tool will self-start the scanning process and will repair the issue after diagnosing it.
- At last, just open QB and check if the issue is still existing in your system or not.
Fixation Method 3: Launching Quick Fix my Program
To repair the Quickbooks won’t open issues, you can launch Quick Fix Program via QB tool hub. Let’s check the steps:
Step 1: Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close QuickBooks
- Initiate downloading “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Save it.
- Now, open that file.
- Moving on, follow one by one the instructions on-screen to complete the installation process. Also, accept the license agreement.
- At last, once you finish installation, just tap twice on the QB tool hub icon to use it.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix My Program
Note: When you use the Quick fix, it closes all the running processes of the background. Then after that, it carries out the repairing process.
- Open Tool Hub, choose “Program Problems”.
- Then hit “Quick Fix My Program”.
- Now Quick fix will self start the repairing process after which you just have to open QB and then the data file to resume work.
Fixation Method 4: Performing Clean Install of QB
When you conduct a clean install it renames the previous folder that enables users as well as the software to include more install files once the reinstall gets completed.
- For this, firstly open the QB tool hub.
- Navigate to the section “Installation Issues”.
- Choose the option clean install and hit “OK”.
- Then select QB and product version. Hit “Continue”.
- After that, select “OK” once you see a notification reading: “Install the QB copy to the default Folder/Location.
Now you can conveniently reinstall QuickBooks.
This article is an informative guide that serves the users working to counter the QuickBooks Won’t Open issue. The post contains the 4 best troubleshooting methods to kick out the issue. We hope you are no longer stuck in any such QuickBooks-related problems.